Resource Catalog by Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) Against COVID-19 Disparities
In July 2020, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) established the Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) Against COVID-19 Disparities to ensure that research efforts would be inclusive of and benefit communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19. Through the CEAL Alliance, NIH is funding teams across 21 states to conduct community engaged research and outreach to address misinformation, mistrust, and help strengthen COVID-19 vaccine confidence as well as access to prevention, testing and treatment.
To this end, we would like to share with you several CEAL resources.
- Resource Catalog: Includes resources such as FAQs, fact sheets, infographics, and videos you can share on different COVID-19 topics. This includes items such as:
- Vaccine Ingredients Infographics that explain the ingredients in Moderna’s mRNA, Pfizer’s mRNA, and Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccines ( in English and Spanish).
- Vaccine Type Fact Sheets that answer frequently asked questions about mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, viral vector vaccines, and COVID-19 vaccines in general.
- Tip Sheets for Community Outreach and Engagement produced by CEAL Alliance members who are researchers and their community partners working with communities of color across the U.S.
- Content Toolkit: This resource includes infographics, social media, and videos coupled with images and post copy for you to easily share in your newsletters, website, and social media. The content highlights vaccine and clinical research materials and links to additional content found in CDC’s COVID-19 toolkits.