Culture of Health Leadership Institute for Racial Healing [TEST]
The Culture of Health Leadership Institute for Racial Healing is an 18-month leadership experience supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation that uses the Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation (TRHT) framework to strengthen the ecosystem of practitioners who are advancing racial and health equity in their work.
We envision a future where we’ve ended structural racism, eliminated racialized health inequities, acknowledged the harms caused by centuries of racial hierarchy, and committed to healing and fully embodying the values of freedom, equity, and justice for all.
Meeting the Urgency of the Moment
Across the country, there is growing acknowledgement that racism is a public health crisis. There is also a growing recognition that a Culture of Health and a culture of embedded racism cannot co-exist. And there is growing commitment to addressing systemic inequities and their impacts on the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and our nation as a whole. This time of great upheaval brings great urgency. It is a moment we must not waste in our drive toward a world beyond racial hierarchy.
The Culture of Health Leadership Institute for Racial Healing provides participants with opportunities to connect with a national community of like-minded people who support and help one another as they gain tools and resources that accelerate actionable progress. Read more here.
Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation
The Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation (TRHT) framework depicts a comprehensive approach to addressing racism as both an embedded belief system and a structural legacy that requires a collective effort to overcome. The framework sees the foundational pillars of Narrative Change, Racial Healing and Relationship Building, Separation, Law, and Economy as central to impacting health and racial equity. Read more here.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- Monday, June 13, 2022: Applications open
- Thursday, June 30th at 11:00 a.m. ET: An informational webinar will be held and a recording will be available after the session and put on the website. The webinar includes an overview of the program, application process, and frequently asked questions.
- Deadline for Applications — Thursday, July 14th (3 p.m. ET): Deadline for receipt of full applications. Please note applications will be capped to the first 300 complete submissions we receive. The applicant count will be updated on the website.
- Mid-September 2022: Applicants invited to participate in virtual interviews will be notified.
- October 17-21, 2022: Virtual Semifinalist Interviews.
- Finalists Notified in Early December 2022: Program administrators will notify finalists.
- The second cohort of the Culture of Health Leadership Institute for Racial Healing Begins January 2023